Wednesday, June 8, 2016

The flood child

I dreamed our town got flooded during a zombie apocalypse.  Many of us mobbed a local grocery store for supplies once the waters started receding.  I was in line behind a larger white family - Mom, Dad, Grandpa, Aunt, Uncle, Son, and 3 yr old daughter.  The family decided to leave the daughter behind because they didn't have enough to feed her, so they let her play in grocery carts two behind theirs while they checked out with bare necessities.  I came into the line and begin laying my items on the belt - she was very smart and told me not to mix up my items with theirs.  She and I started baning my items when I noticed her family left so I told the cashier to put my things aside while I hurried out with the child to catch her family.  They were in their van with the empty carseat getting ready to leave so I confronted them.  At first Mom denied knowing the kid and Dad seemed irritated in the backseat.  Eventually Mom.brole down and revealed their plan.  I told her she had a beautiful smart girl who would eventually understand.  I told her the child would be kept safe but would need to hear the truth from her mother first.  All this time the girl is trying to go to her mother to comfort her and be held by someone familiar.  Mom eventually decides they can make things work and takes her child.  Dad is crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment