Saturday, March 19, 2016

Lifetime Movie...in my head

I dreamed up this crazy lifetime movie. Here's the gist:

Dad - Morgan Freeman
Mom - Kathy Bates
Sis - Margaret Cho
Niece - Julia Hsu
Henchmen - Mike, Reggie, Cedric the Entertainer, Jay Anthony Brown
Crazed boyfriend/mental patient - Jackie Earle Haley
me - Amy Brennemen

I am a psychologist, my husband and I are married.
My sister is married to a military police officer and they have a little girl.
Mom and Dad are incredibly rich, and we all live in the family home that overlooks the sea, but a large metropolitan city is only a short drive away. My niece is in dance classes.

I take on a client with serious mental issues and a history of violent crimes. He falls for me and has both my husband and my brother-in-law killed in what seems to be a tragic car accident. About this same time, my patient orchestrates his treatment so that he is more or less in my care 24 hours a day. Our precarious situation becomes more erratic as I learn of my "patient's" infatuation with me and his connections in the crime world. At many times I witness him nearly kill himself, just because he has to be separated from me.

Culmination of the movie is when my patient openly threatens me with bombing the site of my niece's dance recital. Calling in some henchmen to take us safely away to a crowded football game, we think we are safe, until my patient has my niece kidnapped in the crowd and leads us to believe she has been taken back to the site. We race back to the recital hall just as it is blown to bits - the blast spews poisonous gas into the air. Devastation ensues until we realize my father has saved my niece and my patient has been apprehended.

End of the movie is scenes of me reuniting with my sister because we'd become estranged during the whole ordeal - I find out she wants to become an artist so that she can leave a legacy for her daughter. My mother reassures me that I am still loved and forgiven for my blindness to the patient situation. I go in search for my dad, who, after initially shushing me because I constantly burst into tears upon seeing him, finally allows me that "healing cry" that all good movies have.

No comments:

Post a Comment