Saturday, March 19, 2016

Old poetry - And it is Good?

Edit:  One of my favorites

I had a lot stronger relationship with God when I was younger. I want to get back to that point.

One morning I took an early walk
The Lord fell in step beside me.
The pair of us was a sight to see -
Father and child in conversation.

I asked my Dad, "What make You of this?"
I felt his warm smile encourage me to continue.

"What make You of this grass?" I asked.
"I know what it is I see.
The blades are like little swords that shield the ground from the burning sun. They photosynthesize - made green as they protect, and think! all those natural chemicals mix and mingle within its skin."

"You made it, Father?" I questioned Him.
"Yes," was His simple reply.
"And it is good?" I persisted. His warmth fused once again.

A little father along I gazed into His Heavenly hoe.

"What make You of the sky?" I asked.
"What of the color, and its contents?

Do not You marvel at the cool hue - symbols of cleansing and health - what of the many clouds that bunch and spin?
They also renew, when the rain comes and goes -- the cycle is complete."
Puzzled, I turned to Him.

"You made this?" my question was hazarded.
"Yes."
"And it is good?" I double checked
"Why, yes, don't you think so?" was His amused reply.

Safe and satisfied, I sought to follow Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment