Saturday, March 19, 2016

Marriage

Marriage:
Two of the 3 women who raised me were married to their husbands for over 25 years each.  Sure, they had ups and downs and effed up situations but they must've done some things right "to keep their men".  Most women in my family, my church, and whom I have encountered in early life were married, and married some years.  The women who chose not to marry and the ones who haven't married yet tend not to bash men nor act over privileged as they know and are strong enough to acknowledge their own strengths as well as their weaknesses and why a man either has not or will not be making space in their lives.
I myself have been married since 2005.  My very degree has its roots in the study of marriage, relationships, and the history and development of such an institution and observance.
So yeah, I am pretty confident to say I might just have a grasp on the subject and what it takes to make a marriage work.



No comments:

Post a Comment