Saturday, March 19, 2016

Shore

Picture her, then picture me Stranded on a shore Worlds between, behind, and to be seen But I am blind. She cannot see How lonely we both must be Because I'm reaching out With both hands tied behind my back. Her struggles are against Not me But chafe and bind Change and free me I feel like I have nothing to offer her When all she has is me All she had was me We are all that ever will be But worlds apart and worlds between Her world behind and mine still yet to be seen are a chasm too big to forge. Even as we are forced to forge ahead. It's like we never noticed how time moves so fast and yet in this moment I want it to stop But I don't I want to hold her close But then I don't I want her to understand But then I don't Does she feel this, too? Do I want her to? Do I want What do I want What CAN I want Who's life is this? Who's shore is this In who's world is this Ending, beginning Middle Meeting Who is leaving? Her....or me?

No comments:

Post a Comment